Thursday 12 June 2014

Piscatorially proud Uncle



Rather like the Christian faith, one of the biggest joys of angling is to be found in the sharing of it, and the passing on of it to others. My own children had both caught fish well before they started school, my 13 year old son still fishes regularly with me, and even my older teenage daughter (who before discovering boy bands, make-up, clothes and staying in bed till midday was an avid angler) caught a couple of fish last year and, periodically, resolves to retake up fishing.
Both of my brother's have also managed to encourage their next generation into the pursuit of fish, and these photo's show my South Wales based nephew and niece posing with recently caught carp.
 
 
Next month my perch obsession will temporarily give way to a dalliance with the "dark side" as my son and I undertake a couple of overnighters for carp- I hope his picture will soon be joining that of his cousins on this blog.
 
There's a verse in the Bible that encourages parents to "train up a child in the way he should go" (Proverbs 22:6) - it may be stretching the context, but I take that to apply to fishing as well as matters pertaining to eternal salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment