Friday 12 July 2013

American adventure- postscript.



So, 2500 miles driven, time spent in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Arkansas, Kentucky and Missouri, 5 new species of fish caught, guns fired, arrows despatched, lots of American Christians met with, contact made with 10 outdoor ministries- it's been a blast.
 
I've been reminded of how great it is to be  part of the worldwide church, I've loved America but realised how much I belong at home and with my family, I've experienced kindness, learnt loads, worshipped in 3 different churches, sat at Billy Graham's desk, avoided being mauled by bears (I saw a dead black bear by the road today) or bitten by rattle snakes, copperheads or water moccasins, and have become one of the people I always admired but never thought I'd have the ability/foolhardiness to be: a long distance solo traveller.
 
Thank you to Ironman Outdoors, Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church, 4 Outdoorsmen, Hooked for Life, Christian Outdoorsman, True North, Peterson Outdoors, Christian Trail for Christ, the Christian Waterfowlers Association and Paradise Outfitters.
 
Thanks to Susan Dalton, Brett Potter and Dave Lingner for taking me fishing, and to Shirley, Brent, Philip and Fiona and Dave and Nancy for having me stay in their homes, and to Brandon Howard for popping by to say "hello" in Tennessee.
 
Grateful thanks also to The Memorial Chapel Grant of the English Speaking Union, Ecclesiastical Insurance Group, Leicester Diocese and St Luke's Church for their financial help with the project - and so, now to meet up in Vegas with the three people I've missed the most.
Hope you've enjoyed reading about my travels, travails and triumphs in America,
God bless you all
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Jon, it's been great reading your blog. What an adventure! Have a lovely holiday with the family now, God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete